About the course
With a Linux running on your system you have the power to control each and every single thing on your computer right from the way it looks to the way it functions.
Linux is used in 498 out of 500 of the world’s speediest supercomputers now use Linux.
Linux is in many places today. It’s in consumer products like Mobile phones, TVs and computer networking gear. Linux drives services that users do not even know run Linux. Think in terms of servers, Big Data farms and cloud storage facilities. The analytics and Big Data marketplaces host and run platforms and applications on top of Linux in data centers and in the cloud.
This training will be an intensive 40 hours course that will involve the design and implementation of various aspects of Linux System and Server Administration. This course will teach the learners starting from installation to customization of kernel and also configuration of Linux and internet services. This course will involve mini-project and one main course project.
- Ability to demonstrate the installation process of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to use different Linux commands to manage files and directories.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibilities performed by the system administrator.
- Ability to develop a Customized Linux Kernel.
- Ability to configure the internet services.
Mr. Karan Kamble is currently system engineer at QuantumLink Communications Pvt Ltd, Mumbai.
He is a Certified Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and Red Hat System Administrator (RHCSA).
He has over 3 years of Experience in managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux Server.
He has worked on a variety of technologies and platforms like Postfix mail server, Apache Web server, Nagios, DNS, Openvz, Eucalyptus etc.
Mrs Renuka Pawar is currently working as Assistant professor in Information Technology department at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai. She has over 09 years of experience in teaching.
She has done certification like DCT D-link certified trainer ,CEH -certified ethical hacker v9.0.
She has conducted a workshop on Ethical Hacking in Atharva College of Engineering,Malad.She has also organized and conducted a Two days Hands-on workshop on “Ethical Hacking” at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai.
She has assigned a role of Teaching assistant for two week ISTE workshop on computer networking conducted by IIT Bombay
She has successfully published his research work in Three International conferences and Two Journal papers
Prof. Rashmi Deshmukh is currently working as an Assistant Professor in Information Technology Department at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
She has three years of teaching experience.
Her areas of interest are Linux System Administration and Cloud Computing.
She has also organized and conducted a Two days Hands-on workshop on “Ethical Hacking” at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai.
- Session – 1 : Introduction to Linux Essentials
- Session – 2 : Installing Linux operating system with different Installation Options like Server Install Workstation Install, CD Install, Kickstart Install, Network Install and Customizing the Install
- Session – 3 : Automating Programs – Run Levels, Customization of Run Levels
- Session – 4 : Controlling Login Options- Console Logon, Controlling Console Login, Virtual Consoles, Serial Login, Remote Login.
- Session – 5 : Building a Custom Linux Kernel
- Session –6 : Single host administration – Managing users, Use of BASH shell ,Managing file systems
- Session – 7 : Configuration of Internet services like DNS, DHCP, FTP, Apache
- Session – 8 : Sending mail with SMTP, using IMAP and POP for email retrieval
- Session – 9 : Talking To Windows With Samba