About the course
Mobile and wireless communications applications have a clear impact on improving the humanity wellbeing. From cell phones to wireless internet to home and office devices, most of the applications are converted from wired into wireless communication. Smart and advanced wireless communication environments represent the future technology and evolutionary development step in homes, hospitals, industrial, vehicular and transportation systems.
In this course various wireless communication devices will be covered such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SIM808 GPS/GSM/GPRS, Zigbee. System design, programming and implementation of various protocols will be implemented using “AT” commands. As a part of the course students will be to practice and implement Web services and API, examples like:
- To setup Wi-Fi device as Server and send the data to the Mobile web browser
- Wi-Fi device as Client to get Real-time data from a website and display on Client (PC Terminal)
- To setup Wi-Fi device as client send the data to the website for graphical plotting
- To Get Real Time Weather Data from a Website and Display on Browser (Mobile)
- able to design circuit diagrams for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SIM808 GPS/GSM/GPRS, Zigbee.
- able to program communication devices using PC and “AT” Commands
- able to implement IoT applications using PC, Mobile, Web services, API, etc.
- Wireless Communication Board Design Part-1
- Wireless Communication Board Design Part-2
- IoT Lab-1 (To set up server and send data over the web browser)
- IoT Lab-2 (To get real time data from a website)
- IoT Lab-3 (To set up server and send data over the Thingspeak)
- IoT Lab-4 (To Get Real Time Weather Data from a Website and Display on Browser (Mobile))
- IoT Lab-5 (PC to PC communication using Wi-Fi)
Dr. Y S Rao
Prof. G T Haldankar