*This module is for students of Sardar Patel Institute of Technology only.
Bhavans, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology (SPIT) has been granted academic autonomy from the academic year 2017-18. The Institute offers four undergraduate programs B.Tech Electronics, Electronics and Telecommunication, IT and Computer Engineering. The Institute also offers M.Tech and Ph.D programs.
SPIT is revamping the curriculum and organizing additional elective courses to enhance managerial and functional skills in emerging areas.
As part of this and as requested by SPIT, SPJIMR will be offering a 6 module Management Program. The number of participants for this stream will be 60.
The participants will be offered 1 module per semester. The program details will be as under.
- Economics and Business Environment
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management and Management Accounting
- Operations – Supply Chain Management
- IT for Business
- HR and Organisational Behaviour
Course design –
1) Each course will have 40 hours of content for the participants
- Contact sessions – 20 hours (18 sessions of 70 minutes each)
- Course pre-read – 10 hours
- Assignment/group work/project etc – 10 hours
SPJIMR will design the content, deliver the program and will do the evaluation and certification.
2) Evaluation – will have in general 3 components
- Attendance, participation, Class assignment 20%
- Quiz/Mid-terms/ End terms/ Examinations 60%
- Group work / Project Work 20%
3) Sessions will be scheduled as under
- A) 4pm to 6pm from Monday to Friday
- B) 10am to 1pm on Saturdays
Total 6 sessions (7 hours) per week, so that 1 course can be completed in 1 month.