About the course
Cloud security remains one of the top barriers to the adoption of cloud computing and drives a need for new and broader security measures that go beyond traditional enterprise IT security tools and practices.
Inflexible infrastructure and management capabilities make it difficult to transform IT infrastructure into a cloud-service-model. Cloud computing presents a lot of benefits, including cost savings. The problem is that there are always costs to the benefits, and one of those costs is security. Cloud computing provides security issues that go well beyond the traditional security processes. More important is that many vendors highlight the wrong security issues, giving companies a false sense of security. This course will talk about the real security issues created by cloud computing.
- Fundamentals of cloud computing architectures based on current standards, protocols, and best practices intended for delivering Cloud based enterprise IT services and business applications.
- Identify the known threats, risks, vulnerabilities and privacy issues associated with Cloud based IT services.
- Understand the concepts and guiding principles for designing and implementing appropriate safeguards and countermeasures for Cloud based IT services
- Design security architectures that assures secure isolation of physical and logical infrastructures including compute, network and storage, comprehensive data protection at all layers, end-to-end identity and access management, monitoring and auditing processes and compliance with industry and regulatory mandates.
Mr. Karan Kamble is currently system engineer at QuantumLink Communications Pvt Ltd, Mumbai.
He is a Certified Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and Red Hat System Administrator (RHCSA).
He has over 3 years of Experience in managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux Server.
He has worked on a variety of technologies and platforms like Postfix mail server, Apache Web server, Nagios, DNS, Openvz, Eucalyptus etc.
Mr.Mahendra Mehra is currently working as Assistant professor at Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College Of Engineering(Fr.C.R.C.E), Bandra(w).
He has 09 years of experience in teaching.
He has done certification like CEH -certified ethical hacker v9.0.
He is the member of syllabus design committee for information Technology under Mumbai University.
His area of expertise includes Cloud Computing, Information and Network Security, Linux Administration, Computer Network and Devops.
He has conducted Workshops, Seminars, FDPs and STTP across various colleges like SPIT, Andheri , KJ Somaiya college of engineering,Vidyavihar, Fr.C.R.C.E, Bandra, Xaviers college of engineering, Mahim, Thadomal shahani centre for management, Bandra and Thakur COE, Kandivali.
He has successfully published his research work in Two National Conferences, Two International conferences and Five Journal papers.
He is also working on a Minor Research Grant availed form Mumbai University.
Mrs Renuka Pawar is currently working as Assistant professor in Information Technology department at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai. She has over 09 years of experience in teaching.
She has done certification like DCT D-link certified trainer ,CEH -certified ethical hacker v9.0.
She has conducted a workshop on Ethical Hacking in Atharva College of Engineering,Malad.She has also organized and conducted a Two days Hands-on workshop on “Ethical Hacking” at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai.
She has assigned a role of Teaching assistant for two week ISTE workshop on computer networking conducted by IIT Bombay
She has successfully published his research work in Three International conferences and Two Journal papers
Rashmi Deshmukh is currently working as an Assistant Professor in Information Technology Department at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
She has three years of teaching experience.
Her areas of interest are Linux System Administration and Cloud Computing.
She has also organized and conducted a Two days Hands-on workshop on “Ethical Hacking” at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Mumbai.
- Session – 1 : Introduction to cloud computing architecture framework
- Session – 2 : Governance and Enterprise Risk Management in cloud
- Session – 3 : Compliance and Audit Management
- Session – 4 : Information Management and Data Security
- Session – 5 : Configuration of Web Services Delivered from the Cloud
- Session – 6 : Operating in the Cloud -Traditional Security, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- Session – 7 : Virtualization Practicum
- Session – 8 : Configuration of application security in cloud computing
- Session – 9 : Implementing Security as a Service