Why Learn Linux?
- Internet, Super Computers, Smart Devices, Space Technologies, Corporation’s , Credit Card Systems, Sensor Devices , Submarine, Watches , Networking , Raspberry Pi, and over a billion Smartphones is powered by Linux.
- With rise of IoT(Internet of Things) , Linux is definitely a mandatory skill needed to survive in Technology domain in coming years
- Recruiters prefer ease to work in Linux environment as an essential skill*over other skills in the domain. Linux background provides tremendous *job opportunities
- Top tier companies such as Google, Facebook, IBM, Oracle and many other work with Linux or either of its UNIX based derivatives
- Major Foreign Universities , IITs and IISc widely use Linux environments for Desktop Computing and consider Linux knowledge as key prerequisite for the course
- 100% Hands-On Experience Courses
- Certificate Course
- Additional lab exercises
- Individualized learning experience that best fits with your current background and skill level. (One-Student-One-Computer)
Course covers Linux OS Essentials, System Administration, Network Administration,
Server and Security Administration,Troubleshooting & Other nitty gritties of working in Linux Environment . Exposure to Popular GNU/Linux Distributions will be given such as Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora , Slacko, etc
Course Layout: Session:1-18
- Linux Commands:Work Effectively on the Unix Command Line
- Perform Basic File Management
- Create Partitions and Filesystems
- Control Filesystem Mounting and Unmounting
- Installation of Linux, Mutiboot environment
- Linux Booting, boot loader management (Grub,lilo etc)
- User administration
- Software Management (Repository Server)
- Backup and restore (Tar, ISO methods)
- Automate and scripting (Shell Scripting, scheduling,rsync etc)
- Process Management
- Memory management
- Kernel compilation
- Network Administration
- Server Administration (Apache Web server, FTP,SSH, NFS,DNS, Sendmail etc)
- Security Administration (Firewall,IDS, OS Hardening)
- Network Troubleshooting using tcpdump and Wireshark
- Rescue environment
Who Should attend:
- Engineering students and staff.
- System/Network Administrators
- Network Analyst/Manager
- System/Web Developers
About the Instructors:
Prof Dayanand Ambawade has over 20 years of experience in Linux & Networking and has been author of two popular books, namely, Linux Lab and Advanced Computer Networks. He is a passionate Teacher and known for his discrete methodology of teaching.
You can find his complete profile here: http://extc.spit.ac.in/faculty/prof-dayanand-ambawade//
Prof. Manish Parmar has more than 26 years of experience in Microprocessors and Microcontrollers and Computer Architecture.
You can find his complete profile here: http://extc.spit.ac.in/faculty/prof-manish-parmar/